1. "The Celebration of Centuries" at Medieval Times
Jousting tournament, balloon drop, admission to the torture museum, and all varieties of fun historical anachronisms.
Starts at: 9: 30 p.m.
2. Peach Drop 2014 at Underground Atlanta
The daylong event is highlighted by an appearance from Atlanta's own Janelle Monae. Also, goodies from sponsor M&M'S Peanuts.
Starts at 11 a.m.
3. Cleopatra's 2014 New Year's Eve Ball
The party at the Fox Theatre's Egyptian Ballroom will include DJs and a laser show. Something we doubt Cleopatra herself ever experienced, but suspect she'd have appreciated.
Starts at 9 p.m.
4. The World’s Greatest Most Fantastic Super Duper Anti-hotel New Year’s Eve Gala Extravaganza in the Universe. Ever. Part V.
Open bars. All night. Buckhead Theatre. Raft-assisted crowd surfing. Sounds pretty frat-tastic.
8 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
5. ASO New Year's Eve
On the classier end of the spectrum, this shindig at Atlanta Symphony Hall will feature everyone's Gerschwin favorites.
Starts at 8 p.m.
6. Brew Year’s Eve!
The Red Brick Brewery event features open bars serving beer (and wine) in five areas.
9 p.m. - 2 a.m.
7. New Year's Eve 2014 at Opera Nightclub
Mami Chula and other DJs will take over Opera. And, we have been told, the Champagne will flow.
Starts at 8: 30 p.m.
Looking for ideas for where to eat on NYE? Check out these recommendations from our Covered Dish blog.