Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Lifetime’s new reality series stars Swank’s owner (sorta)
Emily Dees Boulden dominates the network’s Atlanta-based ‘Pretty Wicked Moms’
Every show needs a queen bee. Evidently, Emily Dees Boulden wears that crown on Lifetime’s new mommy-centric reality series, Pretty Wicked Moms.
From the series’ Facebook page: “Ah, the cut-throat, crazy world of competitive mothering…and for six feisty Atlanta mothers in Lifetime’s all-new unscripted comedy Pretty Wicked Moms, it’s a raging, raucous mommy war.” It seems like a none-too-subtle if somewhat-more-focused take on RHOA. But can Emily be the next Kim?
I met Emily at a few social events back in my style editor days. I know her as an intimidatingly driven businesswoman with a fierce fashion sense that only someone with her austere figure could pull off. I can only imagine what persona she’ll take on in front of the cameras when she’s playing reality TV’s twisted game, but I imagine I’ll have nightmares about it.
Emily’s always been a force to be reckoned with. Just read my colleague Elizabeth Florio’s review of Emily’s Shops Around Lenox boutique from three years ago. As she wryly observed in her opening sentence, “Emily Dees Boulden doesn’t waste a lot of time.” Understatement.
Any bets as to how many times Swank appears on the show? I’m guessing four per episode. Hopefully with wine.
Speaking of alcohol, instead of drinking, how about you try this local-economy-supporting shopping alternative to the tried-and-true drinking game:
- Whenever a scene takes place somewhere that obviously isn’t in the city, buy a Cynthia Dugan necklace
- Whenever Emily uses her catchphrase, which will hopefully be the perfect mix of classy and tacky, buy a Woodleigh statement top
- Whenever Emily talks about her child, buy a La Fee Verte bomber jacket
- Whenever Emily mentions private school, buy a pair of Messeca wedges
- Whenever Emily shops in Lenox, buy a pair of Black Orchid jeggings
- Whenever Emily disagrees with another mom about proper child-rearing techniques, buy a Rebecca Minkoff satchel (buy two if the subject is Tiger Moms)
- Whenever the children behave more maturely than their mothers, buy a long-sleeved tunic dress by Alexis
- Whenever Emily wears something that costs more than your rent, buy a Love Token fur vest
- If Emily ever goes to the Old Fourth Ward, buy a jumpsuit
- If Emily ever throws a glass of wine or pulls a wig or weave, buy a hat from Swank’s own line
- If a fight ever ironically occurs on a street named after a civil rights advocate, buy a freakin’ gown
You’ll be broke in no time!
If you want to partake in the carnage, the series premieres Tuesday, June 4, at 10 p.m.