Ten Questions for... M. Alexis Scott
Name: M. Alexis Scott
Neighborhood: Hunter Hills
Occupation: Publisher/CEO Atlanta Daily World
1. How long have you lived in Atlanta?
Was born and grew up in Atlanta.
2. In one sentence, what's the best thing about your job?
The best thing about my job is continuing a family legacy business.
3. What's one thing that's changed about the city that you wish hadn't?
No more downtown retail department stores.
4. What phone app can't you live without?
My contacts list of telephone numbers.
5. 404, 770, or 678?
6. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, WSB-TV, or Twitter?
7. Best spot for a business lunch?
8. What's your commute like?
It's reverse. I live in town and now our office is at the Airport Office Park near Camp Creek and I-285.
9. What's the city's worst enemy?
People who don't believe in its greatness.
10. In one sentence, describe your vision of Atlanta in a decade from now.
I see Atlanta truly becoming an international city with a great diversity of residents, no longer just black and white.
Bonus: Is there anything else you think we should know or would find interesting?
As the granddaughter of the founder of the Atlanta Daily World, I'm delighted that we're celebrating our 83rd year of publishing, and we are coming up on our second year of having our name on three newsstands at the Atlanta Airport.