Ten Questions for... Gurvir Dhindsa
Name: Gurvir Dhindsa
Age: Old enough to know better
Neighborhood: North Fulton
Occupation: Anchor, Good Day Atlanta, WAGA FOX 5
1. How long have you lived in Atlanta?
This go around, it has been 4 days. Last time around, it was 3 years.
2. In one sentence, what's the best thing about your job?
The format of "Good Day Atlanta" allows me and those of us who anchor the program to be multidimensional. I can be myself and showcase my personality. I love working in news because it allows me to get involved in the local and international stories that are affecting people's lives on a particular day.
3. What's one thing that's changed about the city that you wish hadn't?
We have horses so there is a part of me that wishes we could preserve some of the land. The urban sprawl keeps expanding.
4. What phone app can't you live without?
Navigation. I have a navigation app on my phone and I love it; I am going to be using it a lot.
5. 404, 770, or 678?
6. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, WAGA-TV, or Twitter?
WAGA Fox 5.
7. Best spot for a business lunch?
I'm going to have fun finding one!
8. What's your commute like?
It is half of what it was when I lived in VA and worked in D.C. I'm looking forward to the extra 30 minutes I will have to myself every day!
9. What's the city's worst enemy?
Residents not going GREEN.
10. In one sentence, describe your vision of Atlanta in a decade from now.
I hope Atlanta is not only great for business and convention travel but is also a destination city for families.
Bonus: Is there anything else you think we should know or would find interesting?
I am a new mom. I have now joined the working mom club and am dealing with all the challenges new working moms are presented with today.