Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
From Second Helpings by Johnnie Gabriel, from Tom McEachern, Thomas Nelson
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
12–13 large or 27–28 small croissants, cubed
1 quart heavy cream
8 ounces white or dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl and using a whisk attachment, whip the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until thick and pale.
3. Heat cream in a sauce pan and whisk together with the chocolate.
4. Slowly add the chocolate/cream to the egg mixture, combining completely.
5. Stir the bread into the chocolate mixture and let it rest for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that bread is evenly soaked.
6. Spray 9 x 13” baking dish with pan release spray and coat with sugar.
7. Pour pudding mixture in and bake at 350°F for 25–35 minutes.