Recipe courtesy of The Spence
8-12 cups of baby mixed kale (found at your local farmer's market)
4 tablespoons of homemade croutons (your favorite store bought brand will work)
4 teaspoons tarragon leaves
6 tablespoons Caesar dressing (recipe below)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
12 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon salt
Zest of 2 lemons
6 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
4 cups blend oil
1 tablespoon garlic chili oil
For the dressing:
1. In a blender puree the egg yolks, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, black pepper, garlic cloves, capers and salt.
2. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and freshly grated parmesan and puree again
3. Once pureed, set the blender at half speed and emulsify by adding the blend oil and garlic chili oil
4. Adjust the consistency of the dressing with a little bit of cold water.
1. In a bowl mix together the kale, croutons, tarragon leaves, Caesar dressing, and salt and pepper. Plate onto a large serving platter.
2. Squeeze lemon on top and toss. After, grate parmesan as needed to finish.
Makes 4 servings.