Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Five Pritikin Recipes for You to Try at Home
Pritikin was kind enough to share these simple, healthy recipes from its boot camp program with us—just in time for bikini season!
Mustard Coated Salmon
2 tablespoons no-salt-added stone ground mustard
1 tablespoons no-salt-added Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon shallot or onion, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine
1 pound wild salmon
2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Combine mustards, garlic, shallots, and wine in a bowl. Create mixture to coat salmon.
- In a medium hot skillet, place salmon face side down for seven minutes.
- Flip salmon; pour remaining mixture on top and cover, cooking over medium heat until done to your liking. Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve.
Penne Pasta in Fresh Herb Sauce
1 zucchini, cut into half-moon slices
1 red bell pepper, peeled and deseeded
1 yellow bell pepper, peeled and deseeded
12 shallots, roasted
½ cup onion, pureed in food processor
½ cup roasted garlic, pureed
4 pounds uncooked whole-wheat penne pasta
2 medium eggplants, roasted whole, pulp scooped out
¼ bunch basil, leaves picked, chopped
¼ bunch thyme, leaves picked, chopped
¼ bunch Italian parsley, leaves picked, chopped
¼ bunch tarragon, leaves picked, chopped
¼ bunch rosemary, leaves picked, chopped
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
1 cup white wine
1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- To roast shallots and garlic cloves, back at 350°F oven in baking pan for about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the shallots and garlic are soft to the touch.
- To roast eggplants, broil until skins are black all over.
- In a large hot skillet, saute zucchini, peppers, shallots, onions, and roasted garlic.
- While sauteing vegetables, cook pasta al dente (firm, not soft).
- When both pasta and vegetables are cooked, combine and add remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
6 eggplants, peeled and sliced
8 sheets whole wheat lasagna
4 cups no-salt-added marina sauce
2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
2 cups Frozen spinach, drained
½ cup onion, diced
2 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoon dry oregano
¼ cup garlic, chopped
1 pound Fat-free ricotta cheese
2 ounces Fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F oven.
- Soak eggplant in cold eater for 10 minutes, drain.
- Cook lasagna sheets in boiling water until al dente.
- Layer bottom of lasagna pan with ½ cup marinara sauce.
- Lauer lasagna sheets, vegetables, marinara sauce (reserve ½ cup for the top layer), herbs, and ricotta cheese until all ingredients are used and pan is full.
- Cover with ½ cup of marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover and back for 40 minutes. Uncover and back until cheese is brown.
1½ pound fat free cream cheese
12 ounces firm silken tofu
1 cup fat free skim milk
½ cup egg white
¼ cup Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup z-trim (optional)
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
Fresh berries, if desired
1 cup multi-grain or corn flakes (crushed)
1 ounce water
- Puree tofu until smooth in a food processor.
- In a mixer, mix cream cheese until creamy. Add tofu, z-trim, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Splenda. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Add egg whites and mix for 2 more minutes.
- Fold in berries, if desired.
- Combine crushed flakes with water until moist.
- Lightly spray cake tin with canola oil spray.
- Spread flake mixture on the bottom and side of cake tin evenly.
- Pour cake mixture in pan and bake in water bath at 275°F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh berries.
House Salad Dressing
¾ cup fat free yogurt
½ cup fat free sour cream, no salt added
½ cup skim milk
¾ cup unsweetened ketchup
½ teaspoon dry oregano
½ teaspoon granulated garlic