Park Bar, opened in March 2012, is a non-historic renovation of an existing property located at 150 Walton Street. Renovation was primarily cosmetic in nature, as space was previously used as a restaurant/bar. Project was managed by Park Bar ownership group with interior design consultation from Sheree Boyd DBA Designs by Sheree.
Project scope included:
- Refurbishment and upgrade of all HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Complete inspection and repair of all electrical focusing on the transition to energy efficient lighting where possible.
- Refurbishment of existing hardwood floors.
- Complete reface of bar area, including the addition of new bar top made completely out of recycled glass.
- Installation of high end audio/video system.
- Refurbishment and upgrades to all kitchen equipment.
- Repair of exterior brick work.
- Exterior and interior painting.
Park Bar’s close proximity to Centennial Olympic Park and Downtown sports and entertainment venues provided the primary direction for both branding and interior design.
Park Bar’s logo and exterior signage were inspired by the Centennial Olympic Park brass plaques found at all park entrances. Exterior paint, earth tones (beige and green), were drawn from Centennial Olympic park. Colors were also selected to complement adjacent building which is home to a Subway restaurant.
Interior design elements of earth tones and rich woods were again drawn from the outdoor elements of the park with artwork selected based on Park Bar’s proximity to Philips Arena and Georgia Dome. All artwork in the space depicts Atlanta athletes or artist performances in Atlanta.