You’ll be singing the song of spring at Macon’s 33rd Annual International Cherry Blossom Festival. Beneath a canopy of 300,000 Yoshino cherry blossom trees in bloom, you’ll find everything from horse-drawn carriages to kangaroo shows. Head to this charming city an hour south of Atlanta, where the fun has only begun…
Opening Ceremony: 3/20 at noon in Central City Park
- In honor of the festival’s namesake flower, wear pink to the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Horses, Horses, Horses: 3/20-3/29 in Central City Park at 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
- Famed horse trainer Lisa Dufresne shows off twelve exceptionally talented horses.
Aussie Kingdom Kangaroo Show: 3/20-3/29 in Central City Park at 12:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 7 p.m.
- The only touring Australian wildlife show in North America is coming to this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival!
Ocmulgee National Monument Lantern Light Tours: 3/27-3/29 from 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Enjoy a guided tour illuminated by lantern light, or stroll the one-mile candlelit walk around the monument on your own. $5/person.
19th Annual Mustang & All Ford Show: 3/28 in Central City Park at 8:30 a.m.
- Bring your prized possession to show off to the crowds, or come ready to admire. $20 registration fee for all participating.
45th Annual Mulberry Street Arts & Crafts Festival: 3/28-3/29 on (where else?) Mulberry Street from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Check out paintings, pottery, jewelry, and more at this popular festival.
Food Truck Frenzy: 3/28-3/29 on 3rd Street from noon-7 p.m.
- Food trucks from around the South provide a wide variety of eats and specialty beers.