About the house
Atlanta magazine, Atlanta magazine’s HOME, and Beverly Baribault Design Group (BBDG) will present the Magnolia Designer Show House in Cartersville, Georgia, in October of 2016. The show house will benefit Advocates for Children.
The home, located in one of Cartersville’s historic districts, was originally designed in 1940 by the Smith & Daves architectural firm of Atlanta. However, the design was inspired by a drawing by Philip Trammell Shutze – a friend of the residence’s original owners, Dargan and Lucille Cole.
The Magnolia Designer Show House will include an incredible lineup of design talent who will transform the house from its present state of bare walls and studs to a beautiful home for the homeowners.
Many established designers have already committed to the project:
- Beverly Baribault of Beverly Baribault Design Group
- Jenny and Eric Rothman of Rothman + Rothman Design
- Bulent Baydar of Harrison Design
- Rick Anthony Bonner of Insidesign
- Michel Smith Boyd of Michel Smith Boyd Interiors
- Corey Cope of Cope Specialty Construction, LLC
- Susie Goldenberg of Urban Market Warehouse and Farm House Paints
- Lindsey Coral Harper of LCH Interiors
- Jennifer Healey of J. Healey Interiors
- Jane Hollman of Studio Entourage Architectural Interiors
- Victoria Holmes and Lana Salter of Holmes + Salter Interior
- Joann Kandrac and Kelly Kole of Kandrac and Kole Interiors
- Steve McKenzie of steve mckenzie’s
- Julie Montgomery of Julie Montgomery Interiors, LLC
- William Peace of Peace Design
- Yvonne McFadden of Y. McFadden LLC
- Vandi White and Julie Edwards of Vandi White Interiors
An impressive group of trade partners join these talented designers, including Baker Furniture, Insidesign, Kravet Fabrics, Sherwin-Williams, and Sub-Zero and Wolf Appliances.
An overall theme for the house was decided by the current homeowners under the guidance of event chairs, Beverly Baribault and Jenny and Eric Rothman. Each participating designer has selected a room within the home to decorate and furnish. Upon project completion, each of the designers will have created a reflection of the owners’ vision for their home.
Visitors to the show house can enjoy an abundance of dining, shopping and attractions only a short distance from the home in historic and charming Cartersville.