Atlanta magazine’s 2019 Women Making a Mark program is pleased to recognize 13 deserving honorees who are doing extraordinary work in the Atlanta community. Atlanta magazine’s editors carefully selected each honoree, taking into consideration nominations from the public. After receiving the largest number of nominations to date, the Atlanta Magazine Custom Media team hand-selected these 13 exceptional women who have left—and continue to leave—their mark on so many. Committed to their professions and their community, this diverse group exhibits tireless dedication, strong leadership, and impassioned goodwill. They’re leading major philanthropic organizations, blazing trails for women in media, spearheading revitalization efforts, managing important political initiatives, fighting for inclusion, and literally putting out fires. In addition to being profiled in Atlanta magazine’s June issue, each woman was also recognized at an intimate awards luncheon on June 14th at the Waldorf Astoria in Buckhead. Sponsors included Waldorf Astoria Hotel, The Shops Buckhead Atlanta, Blo Blow Dry Bar, Brown & Co. Jewelers, The Junior League of Atlanta, The Cobb Chamber of Commerce, Celebrity Cruises, and Rose Jasmine.
Photography by Jack Tuszynski.
The 2019 Women Making a Mark honorees include:
- Alyssa Fagien | Founder, ATL Bucket List; Founder and CEO, Atlys Media
- Liz Gillespie | Partner and Vice President of Marketing, North American Properties
- Soumaya Khalifa | Founder and Executive Director, Islamic Speakers Bureau of Atlanta
- Nancy Mansfield | Professor of Legal Studies, Georgia State University; Director, WomenLead
- Sharon Mason | President and CEO, Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Linda Matzigkeit | Chief Administrative Officer, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Michelle Maziar | Founding Director, City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Denene Millner | Author and Co-Host of Georgia Public Broadcasting’s “A Seat at the Table”
- Penelope McPhee | President, The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation
- Tokiwa Smith | Founder and Executive Director, Science, Engineering and Mathematics Link Inc.
- Carol Waddy | Director of Community Affairs and Strategic Engagement, Chick-Fil-A
- Tameeka Law Walker | Partner, Georgia Perinatal Consultants
- Toni Washington | Fire Chief, City of Decatur