Art Director, Atlanta Magazine Custom Media
About Atlanta Magazine Custom Media
A division of Atlanta magazine, Atlanta Magazine Custom Media (AMCM) publishes a portfolio of titles that includes Southbound magazine, our biannual regional travel magazine; the official Georgia Travel Guide; Peachtree Papers, the quarterly magazine of the Junior League of Atlanta; as well as a number of other arts and culture programs and several travel publications, including visitors guides, attractions brochures, and maps.
Atlanta magazine is currently seeking a skilled, hard-working, self-motivated individual to handle multiple graphic design projects in the magazine’s custom media division (AMCM).
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing custom and ancillary publications; duties include finalizing lineup, assigning and art directing photo shoots, soliciting photography, designing layouts, print production, color correction, and proofing
- Creating brand identities for publications, events, and other products
- Designing media kits for Atlanta magazine and ancillary publications
- Hiring and managing contributing photographers and illustrators
- Coordinating with production and AMCM editorial staffs to ensure deadlines are met
- Working under the direction of the editorial director and design director
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, plan ahead, and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative nature, as the art director will be a part of a larger creative team, including the editorial director, design director, staff editors and art directors, contract editors, photographers, and illustrators
- Experience with pre-press, color correction, and production
BA/BFA in graphic design or visual arts and 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience; publishing background is a plus
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter, resume, and a link to an online portfolio to AMCMHR@atlantamagazine.com.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
Information on internships can be found here.
Atlanta magazine is owned and operated by Hour Media, a Michigan-based multi-media company which publishes and produces 132 magazines and custom titles, 37 consumer websites, and 65 shows and events throughout the United States. The company is recognized as an influential publisher of city, regional and custom publications, including the marquee titles, Hour Detroit, Minnesota Monthly, Sacramento magazine, Orange Coast, Los Angeles magazine, Atlanta magazine, Cincinnati magazine, Palm Beach Illustrated, and Naples Illustrated. The company has offices in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, and Ohio, with over 300 employees across the country.
HOUR MEDIA DBA ATLANTA MAGAZINE, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER