Atlanta magazine is pleased to announce the 12 deserving women who have been selected as honorees for the annual Women Making a Mark program.
Each year, the Women Making a Mark program identifies and recognizes women in the Atlanta area who are making a significant impact on the community and influencing those around them every day. Each woman will be profiled in the June 2020 issue and recognized at an awards gala in the coming months.
Each year, we solicit nominations over the course of many months. After receiving more than 140 nominations this year, the Atlanta magazine Custom Media editors hand-selected these 12 exceptional women who have left—and continue to leave—their mark on so many.
The women in this diverse group are committed to their professions, their community, and to helping Atlanta thrive. They are leading major philanthropic organizations, inspiring change in company culture, empowering women in the workplace, fighting cancer, overseeing political campaigns, and bringing art to life in our community.
The 2020 Women Making a Mark honorees include:
- Jill Binkley | Founder & Program Director, TurningPoint Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
- Marquetta Bryan | Lawyer, Nelson Mullins
- Monica Campana | Co-Founder & Executive Director, Living Walls
- Andréa Carter | Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Global Payments Inc.
- Kathy Colbenson | President and CEO, CHRIS 180
- Virginia Hepner| Corporate Director, Cadence Bank Board of Directors
- Anita Johnson | Director of Breast Surgical Oncology, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Lauren Koontz | CEO & President, YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- Lori Lane | Senior Vice President & Managing Broker, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties
- Allegra Lawrence-Hardy | Partner, Lawrence & Bundy LLC
- Carolyn Meltzer | Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences Professor and Chair, Emory University School of Medicine
- Tara Murphy| Founder & President, 360 Media