The “Smallest Church in America” is located along U.S. 17. Built in 1949, it was the brainchild of local grocer Agnes Harper, who wanted to provide travelers with a place for rest, relaxation, and nondenominational worship. The tiny sanctuary, which measures about 10 by 15 feet, has stained glass windows and is open daily. Services are held on third Sundays. 912-437-4837
This article originally appeared in our May 2015 issue.