(Clockwise from top left)
- Van Cleef & Arpels Melia necklace, price upon request, Neiman Marcus, Lenox Square
- Van Cleef & Arpels Pavot Jaune clip, price upon request, Neiman Marcus
- David Yurman Chatelaine floral ring, $10,000, Lenox Square
- Tiffany diamond daisy bracelet, $45,000, Phipps Plaza
- Alex Soldier sunflower brooch with 14.5 carats of colored diamonds, $50,000, Neiman Marcus, Lenox Square
- Alex Soldier Mandarin Coronaria brooch, $67,500, Neiman Marcus [center, above bracelet]
- Van Cleef & Arpels Muguet Mystérieux earrings, price upon request, Neiman Marcus
- Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague ring, $44,200, Lenox Square
Summer tips from Harris Botnick, owner of Worthmore Jewelers
1 Rinse, rinse, rinse
Beware: Saltwater can affect the solder of many metals, though platinum is generally safe. After a dip, rinse your jewelry in warm water and dry with a soft terry cloth towel.
2 Brush it off
Sunscreen causes grimy buildup underneath gems. Occasionally use an extra-soft toothbrush to brush up under any stones.
3 Throw some shade
Extended exposure to harsh sunlight can damage jewelry with amethyst, smoky quartz, citrine, opals, emeralds, and pearls. —Laura J. Downey