Atlanta Election Guide 2020
Latest Election Coverage
How Georgia became “the premier battleground state,” according to the AJC’s Greg Bluestein
Fulton elections board votes to fire Director Rick Barron; fate remains in limbo
Gabriel Sterling on death threats, the Dark Side, and America’s redemptive potential
Inside the battle for Fulton County’s votes
Georgia Democrats Warnock and Ossoff win, will flip the U.S. Senate
How politics impact our lives
In politically mixed friend groups, a lesson for navigating differences
There’s a generational divide between Black Democrats. How will that play out at the polls—and at home?
It’s increasingly rare for a marriage to cross party lines. Can such couples offer us hope?
How to volunteer on Election Day in metro Atlanta
Your top 10 questions about voting absentee in Georgia, answered
Editor's Note: Candidates David Perdue, Kelly Loeffler, Nikema Williams, Karen Handel, and Rich McCormick have not yet provided responses our questionnaire.
How do i vote?
The election is November 3, 2020. Head to the Georgia’s My Voter page to check your registration status and to learn where your poll location is. To vote in Georgia, you must have:
- a valid state or federal government-issued ID
- a Georgia driver’s license (it’s okay if it’s expired)
- a valid employee photo ID from a federal or state government branch, department or agency, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of the state
- a valid U.S. passport
- a valid U.S. military photo ID
- a valid tribal photo ID
- a Georgia voter ID card
If you’d like to cast an absentee ballot, you can request one without needing a specific reason. Ballots can be requested online here and must be received (not postmarked) by 7 p.m. on Election Day. If you don’t think your absentee ballot can make it by mail, it’s best to drop it off at a county drop box location. For more information on absentee voting, check out this article.
- Fulton County Drop Box Locations
- DeKalb County Drop Box Locations
- Cobb County Drop Box Locations
- Gwinnett County Drop Box Locations
- Clayton County’s Drop Box is located at the Clayton County Board of Elections & Registration, 121 South McDonough Street, Jonesboro, GA, 30236
Early voting began October 12 and turnout so far has been record-setting. The dates and times for early voting vary by county. Remember that unlike on Election Day, you can vote at any early voting location in your county. Find more information about your county’s locations below:
- Fulton County Early Voting Schedule
- DeKalb County Early Voting Schedule
- Cobb County Early Voting Schedule
- Gwinnett County Early Voting Schedule
- Clayton County Early Voting Schedule
More helpful info:
- Here is a map of Georgia’s Congressional districts.
- Find out who your state legislators are and districts here.
- To learn your Atlanta City Council district, enter your address here.