If you’re looking for a peaceful beach retreat, welcome to The Treasure Coast. Located on Florida’s Atlantic coast, The Treasure Coast offers some of the most pristine and uncrowded beaches in the state. Surrounded by protected nature preserves and state parks, this area is a hidden seaside gem. Named after a fleet of Spanish ships carrying gold, silver, and jewels shipwrecked in 1715, The Treasure Coast has a well-deserved name in addition to being an ideal destination for relaxation. These treasures still adorn the waters and can be found washed up on the shores.
While you may come for the beautiful beaches, you’ll surely return for the relaxed, local charm that The Treasure Coast has to offer. A slower pace awaits you as you unplug from the duties of your daily life. No crowds, no high rises hovering the beaches, and no noisy chain restaurants are found on The Treasure Coast. Instead, you’ll be welcomed by local residents into the locally owned and operated restaurants and shops scattered all along this coastline.
Relax on miles of beautiful beaches or fill your day with outdoor activities—it’s up to you. Diving, snorkeling, deep sea fishing, kayaking, and canoeing are just some of the ways you can spend your day on the water. Or, you may like to explore the miles of nature preserves and botanical gardens that surround this area. Hike, bike, or walk through endless trails and get up close and personal with local wildlife.
Whether your days will be filled with relaxation, adventure or a little of both, The Treasure Coast offers a respite from your typical beach destination. It’s easy to see why visitors become enamored with this quiet coastal community. Here are just ten reasons why it’s so easy to fall in love with The Treasure Coast.
10 Reasons You’ll Fall In Love With The Treasure Coast
1. You Don’t Have To Be A Tourist. As a matter of fact, we’d prefer you weren’t. If you’re looking for quiet beaches surrounded by beautiful natural scenery instead of large crowds and attractions—look no further.
2. Beach Bliss. Planning a beach getaway? Do you want a quiet spot to relax or a special place to play for the day? Take your pick from 65 miles of beautiful, uncrowded beaches along The Treasure Coast.
3. Fish On! If you’re an experienced angler or you just dream of being one, The Treasure Coast boasts some of the best fishing on Florida’s Atlantic coast. Go deep sea fishing for big game fish or stay inshore on the Indian River Lagoon where world records are made. Book a local charter captain to guide you.
4. Cultural Curiosity. There’s much more than the beach to stimulate your senses. Local art galleries, ballet, and theater are just a few options to pique your cultural interests.
5. Under The Sea. Whether you prefer diving or snorkeling, there’s tons to see under the water along The Treasure Coast. You can discover the many natural and artificial reefs or tour the historic shipwrecks that line the coast just offshore.
6. Local Flavor. The Treasure Coast prides itself on its locally owned and operated restaurants. On The Treasure Coast, the people take great pride in serving the freshest local fare.
7. Play All Day! There is no shortage of activities if you’re looking for some fun to fill your days. Schedule a tee time at any of the numerous golf courses, or up your adventure with biking and hiking trails, kayaking, canoeing, or surfing—you’ll never run out of things to do while on The Treasure Coast.
8. A Natural Beauty. Beyond the beaches, The Treasure Coast offers exceptional ecotourism. Tour the botanical gardens, take an airboat ride, or discover Blowing Rocks Preserve, the largest limestone shoreline on the Atlantic coast.
9. Time Out. The Treasure Coast offers a casual, peaceful, laid-back atmosphere that allows you to truly “unplug” from the distractions of everyday life.
10. Exceptional Experiences. Ride horses along the beach or board a seaplane for a coastal tour—if you’re looking for something to make your trip truly memorable, The Treasure Coast has it.
The Treasure Coast is just 45 minutes away from Palm Beach International Airport (which offers daily nonstop service from Atlanta), making this destination an easy and convenient way to explore a whole new part of Florida. Visit floridastreasurecoast.com to start planning your next vacation getaway!