This Friday and Saturday, head to Georgia’s beautiful lakes to take advantage of the full moon. An abundance of activities will take place in honor of this special lunar phase, including:
Full Moon Kayak Tour: Hard Labor Creek State Park in Rutledge
- This Friday and Saturday from 8-10pm, the staff at Hard Labor Creek will offer guided tours of Lake Rutledge beneath the moonlit sky. As you paddle, take in the scenery and learn all about the history of this lovely state park.
- Register in advance (706-557-3001) and meet at the beach
Full Moon Party: Sunset Cove at Lanier Islands
- On Saturday from 7-11pm, Sunset Cove will throw a full moon party you won’t want to miss. Dance in the moonlight as live musicians take the Sunset Cove Stage. Sit near a fire pit while sipping a drink and be amazed by stilt walkers, magicians, fire-breathers…and, of course, the full moon.
Evening Paddle on Allatoona Lake: Red Top Mountain State Park in Acworth
- On Saturday from 6-7:30pm, hop in a kayak and join a ranger-led tour of Lake Allatoona while the sun sets and the full moon rises to steals the show.
- Register in advance (770-975-0055)
Full Moon Paddling Tour: Don Carter State Park in Gainesville
- On Friday and Saturday from 8:30-10pm, paddle along Lake Lanier beneath the full moon and experience the unique show that nature puts on at night.
- Register in advance (678-450-7726) and meet at the boat ramp.